Sunday, November 28, 2010

HELP!!!

How in the world do I keep Spencer from throwing things in the house? It doesn't matter what it is; ball, stuffed animal, sock, beanbag, cup, the list goes on. If he can lift it, he kicks it, throws it, bounces it and tosses it. I think it is my biggest pet-peave EVER! I am at my wits end! Any one have any bright ideas...besides getting rid of everything (I have already taken away all balls and moved them to the garage). HELP!

5 comments:

  1. pick a consequence. be consistent. EVERY TIME he throws ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your are trying to discourage him from developing his talents. You may have the next Michael Jordan, or Brett Farve on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce...Shannon and I think some of Mom's curse on you...hit me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you think he's doing it. Kierce was doing the same thing so we tested to see why he was doing it and it was to get our attention. Even though it was mostly negative attention, ex. telling him no. We noticed he did it most when we were talking to each other, watching TV or on the computer. We then decided to just ignore him when he did it (which is hard) and give him a lot of attention when he said are names or patted us on the leg. It went away really quickly (probably 2 days). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah well "Good things come to those who ..." wait that doesn't work.

    Sorry, I guess you shouldn't have been standing so close.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete